Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Journey Begins

As I sit and look at my 3 and a half month old son, I have come to the conclusion that my time is NOW. I want nothing more than to be healthy and happy so that I can raise this little boy to the best of my ability.

For almost 10 years now I have struggled with eating disorders, depression, addiction, and a general low self-worth. I don't want to pass any of that onto my son, nor do I want to live like I have been.

My journey is beginning with weight loss- my step 1. With my pregnancy came an additional 40+ pounds, with over 20 still lingering. My weight and overall appearance leaves me feeling so low and down on myself. I know weight loss isn't the answer to my happiness, but like I said, it is my step 1.

As I continue on this journey I will be working on a better overall mental state.

I am using this blog to hold myself accountable, to share what I learn as I continue to grow.

I hope to look back here and find progress along the way :)

2 comments: