Thursday, January 28, 2010

Freind or Enemy?


Oh the scale, the dreaded scale....I can't decided if it is my friend or my enemy. I am one of those who weighs everyday (just about) because I like to see the trends. Realistically I know that weight fluctuates daily due to many factors, and I also know that the scale does not show the whole picture. But honestly, sometimes this doesnt matter and I get so frustrated. I have been eating on plan for 2 days now and my weight this morning was up over 1/2 a pound. Now I know I didnt eat enough yesterday to gain 1/2 a pound, but Im thinking "didn't I eat little enough to LOSE 1/2 a pound?" This is where I get into trouble, and this is where things are going to change for me. In the past I would get frustrated and do one of two things- either drastically reduce what I was eating, or binge/purge..neither a healthy alternative obviously. Today I am going to change nothing. I have committed to this, and for the first time in a long while I am going to stick to my word and show my strength. One week- I am giving this one week. If by next Tuesday the scale hasn't budged, THEN I will look at what I have been eating and go from there. 2 days isnt enough to show the full picture. So for today I am going to let the scale be my friend and let it guide me.

Yesterdays's Accountability
B: scrambled eggs (2 eggs + 2 whites) w/ lf sour cream, coffee w/ sf creamer (2 cups)
L: salad w/ grilled chicken & blue cheese dressing, tea w/ HWC
s: natural peanut butter
D: pork w/ butter and parm cheese, sourkraut
s: string cheese, tea w/ HWC

No comments:

Post a Comment